In order to meet your campus dining needs, we have designed the following meal plans for the this academic year. If you have questions on your meal plans, need to add declining balance to your account, simply contact our office at (207) 326-2460.
Resident students are automatically enrolled in a 21-meal plan option if adding a meal plan (incoming freshman, moving back on campus). This meal plan means they can eat up to 21 meals per week (three per day) in the Upper Mess Deck Dining hall located in the Student Union. Within the first week each semester, all students living on campus are given the opportunity to change to either the 17 meal or 12 meal plans. Students returning to campus are generally returned with their last meal plan they had.
All changes to meal plans must be approved by the office of Residential Life.
These meal plans were created with you in mind as a result of market research conducted with students on the MMA campus. They provide many of the things you asked for including:
- Flexibility: In the options of meal plans with additional Flex Dollars to use when you want or need them
- Options for food-to-go: In choosing a plan with Flex Dollars you also have the option to use your Flex to eat in the Waypoint providing a solution for missed meals and/or a snack between meals
- Value and convenience: In addition to the ease of using the Main Dining Room to enjoy a variety of choices and the social aspect of dining with classmates, you have the option of selecting a plan with Flex to use at your convenience in the Waypoint
Meal Plan Options
- 21 Meal Plan
- 17 Meal Plan +$75 Flex
- 12 Meal Plan +$175 Flex
For all meal plans students are required to bring their ID cards to meals for access. Unused meals at the end of the week are forfeited and cannot be transferred to other students or guests; nor can they be credited for future use. Meal plan weeks run Sunday through Saturday.
At MMA, "Meal Cards" are imprinted on our MMA Student ID. You can use your weekly meals any time you want (one per meal period) during a given week Sunday through Saturday. At the end of the week any unused meals will expire and you will begin the new week with your weekly meals refreshed. Be sure to use all of your meals each week.
Meal Plan Changes
Lost or stolen Meal Cards need to be replaced as you need your MMA ID throughout campus, including to access your meal plan and Mariner Money.. Should this happen to you, you should stop by the Residential Life Office in Curtis Hall.
Do you have particular dietary needs? Please let us know! Our Campus Dining Services Program can accommodate your special dietary requirements. For more information, please contact us at (207) 326-2460.
One of our main goals is to provide a pleasant, clean, comfortable and satisfying dining experience. In order to meet this goal, we ask for your assistance with the following procedures:
- Please bus your dishes and disposables from your table when you have finished dining
- Please refrain from taking food, dishes or utensils from the dining area.
- Remember that Meal Cards are non-transferable. Meal cards cannot be used by anyone but the purchaser.